It ain’t over ’til the young lady with pigtails yells.
- Oil company wants to walk away from a 30,000 gallon-a-day spill in the Gulf. Climate change ain’t the real problem –Capitalism is.
- This age of the world is not really the Anthropocene, but the Capitalocene.
- Bolsonaro targets the Catholic church over its ‘leftist’ agenda on the Amazon.
- Venus may have supported life billions of years ago. Maybe they let their a-holes run things, too?
- Ok, but seriously, what really goes on inside Area 51?
- New info on the infamous Skinwalker ranch has surfaced, thanks to researcher Erica Lukes.
- Susan Demeter St Clair and the folklore of the strange.
- Hidden pathways to everyday magic: Supernatural living in the American marketplace.
- A leaked paper from Google and contributed researchers from NASA announced a major advance in computer science last week. So what does ‘quantum supremacy’ means?
- Evolutionary biologist Scott Solomon believes babies born in space might not be fully human.
- Sleeping octopuses can change color while dreaming.
- Permanent Record: Edward Snowden and the making of a whistleblower.
- The strange tale of the parents who abandoned their adopted daughter, who may or may not have been an adult instead of a young child. That this all happened in Fayetteville adds a nice twist.
- Red Pill of the Day: The Boston Dynamics’ robodog is now for sale. Who wants an AI overlord as a new pet?
Quote of the Day:
I honestly don’t understand why adults would choose to spend their time mocking and threatening teenagers and children for promoting science, when they could do something good instead. I guess they must simply feel so threatened by us.