New Orleans: Beautiful, joyful and oh-so wonderfully extravagant. Like visiting Pompeii before Vesuvius erupted…
- Google is digitally preserving historic sites like Teotihuacán and Pompeii for future generations.
- Fossil footprints ‘unique in the world’ show a human chasing a giant sloth –but where were Manny and Diego??
- Not man-eaters after all? Modern archaeologists are trying to rectify the bad rep of early Caribbeans.
- Human thigh bones make the best bone daggers. But were they used for sorcery or combat?
- The stools of yore: DNA analysis of ancient excrement reveals the diets of centuries past.
- Newton didn’t frame hypotheses, so why should we?
- The truth behind that amazing video from the surface of a FREAKING comet.
- This 3D color map of 1.7 billion stars in the Milky Way is the best ever made.
- Unsolved Mysteries: 15 UFO episodes that are out of this world.
- ‘Falling UFO’ spotted in Somerset.
- The Serpo and the Apple: Yours truly revisits one of the most infamous UFO myths to emerge in the last 20 years.
- Bigfoot spotted in New Jersey?
- Yowies and thylacines in Charlestown.
- Video of ‘bizarre mutant’ 4-foot fish in North Carolina lake ignites debate about authenticity.
- Red Pill of the Day: This university has a ‘cry closet’ for stressed out students. First ‘trigger warnings’ and now this?
Thanks to Greg for covering for me last week.
Quote of the Day: