John Anthony West, riding shotgun with Starman en route to the stars on their Tesla is just the way I want to imagine him right now. Ad Astra.
- Dinosaur-killing asteroid may have also killed all the Krakens.
- Tracing the looooooooooooooong lineage of cockroaches.
- Turns out rats are so sociable, they do each other favors and cash in on IOUs.
- Neanderthals used fire to perfect hardwood tools 170,000 years ago.
- Ticking time bomb of mercury concealed beneath Earth’s permafrost.
- One of SETI’s founders says it’s high time for a rebrand –maybe it’s also high time for a change in methodology?
- For artist and alleged abductee David Huggins, losing his virginity was literally out of this world.
- Making sense of the paranormal.
- The Victorian woman who drew pictures of ghosts.
- Chicagoans and University psychologist speculate on Mothman.
- In Washington, Bigfoot eludes official state recognition yet(i) again.
- How a 1924 Bigfoot battle in Mt. St. Helen helped launch a legend.
- This new Winter Olympics pavillion is possibly the darkest place on Earth.
- Tangentially Speaking talks to Johann Hari, author of Chasing the Scream and Lost Connections.
- How to become a centaur.
- Red Pill of the Day: Dinosaur lady of South Carolina avoids jail –yes, it did feel good writing that headline.
Quote of the Day:
Few things in this world are more predictable than the reaction of conventional minds to unconventional ideas.
John Anthony West