- Some archaeologists believe they’ve found the world’s oldest observatory. In ‘Straya.
- Americans think New Zealand was somewhere else, and they’re blaming it on the Mandela Effect to save face.
- Are we in the midst of the planet’s greatest extinction event? Then where are all these new species coming from for gosh’s sake?
- All the news about these here phantom clowns is local. Lock your doors!
- Meanwhile, Ronald McDonald’s been taken off the street with the rise of creepy clown sightings.
- I, for one, welcome our new bee overlords! What? Turns out bees are smarter than we believe.
- Naked mole rats evolved to feel less pain.
- Dinosaurs didn’t tweet. They used Facebook. Actually they didn’t sing like birds, instead they honked. Simply majestic.
- Why are we still in thrall to the occult and supernatural?
- Magical thinking might give us an evolutionary advantage.
- Get to know your local Tibetan spirits with this handy Demon Directory.
- Speaking of demons, Google’s DeepMind can navigate London’s underground. But can it play Mornington Crescent?
- The other online demon, Facebook’s algorithm, has been trending fake news since they fired their human editors.
- How hot is Hell? As hot as it needs to be, mate.
Thanks again to viewers like you.
Quote of the Day:
You have to think if we’ve been visited by extraterrestrial life it was like a zookeeper walking into the chimp enclosure: He looks around, takes some pictures, then leaves without interacting significantly with the environment. Meanwhile the chimps have no idea what the fuck just happened.”
J. Richard Singleton