- The LUCA – last universal common ancestor of all life on Earth – was only half alive.
- UCSB researchers find similarities in chaos and entanglement.
- Ants invented farming 60 million years ago after ditching hunter-gatherer lifestyle.
- New DNA tests on Paracas skulls yield unexpected results.
- Researchers find pre-Inca petroglyphs at Machu Picchu that could rewrite Andean history.
- Data storage breakthrough could store the Library of Congress on a dust mite.
- Voice control in orangutan gives clues to early human speech.
- UFO hunter spots ‘alien city’ on Google Earth.
- Google’s quantum computer just accurately simulated a molecule for the first time.
- We’ll only have one year’s warning before a planet-devastating super-eruption.
- Social status leads to trust, but not vice-versa.
- Has the Beast of Dartmoor mystery been solved?
- Why can’t we remember being a baby?
- Britain’s ‘Pompeii’ likely torched by Bronze-Age warriors.
- Properties of spider silk continue to surprise scientists.
Quote of the Day:
The multiverse is the last refuge of the die-hard materialist.