“…What is the aim of a physical theory?”
- The expanding universe speeds up.
- The fear of total knowledge.
- Quantum speed limits look infinite.
- The ammonia swirls of Jupiter.
- Unlocking Giza’s secrets?
- Space Miners : Apply here.
- Scientists propose synthetic human genome. What could possibly go wrong?
- A lost city of sunken microbes?
- Does mood affect body type… in fish?
- A river runs through it.
- When leaves went bionic.
- When supernova die.
- Pollution, courtesy of NASA.
- Which came first– Schrödinger’s cat or his bird?
- The hidden alignments of Washington D.C.
- What made Kubrick, Kubrick.
- This week’s evidence of the looming robot uprising… Bathroom ‘bots.
Quote of the Day:
“If the aim of physical theories is to explain experimental laws, theoretical physics is not an autonomous science; it is subordinate to metaphysics.”