Happy Towel Day
- Has a Hungarian physics lab found a fifth force of nature?
- Reports of an 8ft tall werewolf ’Old Stinker’ prowling in Hull industrial estate.
- NASA scientist suggests possible link between primordial black holes and dark matter.
- How a mysterious ghost ship brought cosmic disco to Cape Verde.
- Magician and design ethicist for Google explains how technology hijacks people’s minds.
- Human brain has dedicated set of nerve cells that respond only to sound of music.
- Does Siri believe in God? A theological guide to chatbots and the world’s major religions.
- On the reception and detection of pseudo-profound bullshit (pdf).
- The Chemical Wedding from 1616 is ‘the first ever science fiction novel’, claims (re)writer.
- Strange fossil hints at life after mass extinction.
- ‘Forgotten’ mansion on sale for £3m is full of religious statues and spooky decor.
- Earth’s core is 2.5 years younger than its crust, new calculations reveal.
- Graham Phillips believes he may have found the burial place of King Arthur.
- The poverty of reductionism.
- Is it time to kill off the idea of the ‘Selfish Gene’?
- Octopi and their ilk are taking over the Earth’s oceans.
- Master brewer sells bottled Stonehenge spring water after drilling well in back garden.
Quote of the Day:
Would it save you a lot of time if I just gave up and went mad now?
Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy