Play your own spooky Theremin accompaniment to the news with today’s Google Doodle for Clara Rockmore.
- How the FolkloreThursday hashtag on Twitter has become a global event. And they have a new website.
- Beads found in 3,400-year-old nordic graves were made by King Tut’s glassmaker.
- Google’s DeepMind defeats legendary Go player Lee Se-dol in historic victory.
- Genetic engineering will one day create the smartest humans who have ever lived.
- Computers will overtake us when they learn to love, says futurist Ray Kurzweil.
- Pluto could be about to become a planet again, after scientists spotted what appears to be clouds on its surface.
- Discordianism meets UFOlogy.
- Repeat fast radio bursts detected from same sky location.
- Birds form complex sentences by joining calls together to create new meanings.
- Amber-encased lizards reveal missing links.
- Monks with ‘superhuman’ abilities show scientists what we can all do.
- Can DMT prolong your life after clinical death?
- Magnetic mind control makes mice happy.
- J.K. Rowling criticised over new writings on American magic.
- Someone figured out how to train bees to make honey from cannabis.
- Penguin swims 5,000 miles every year for reunion with the man who saved his life.
Quote of the Day:
Alpha children wear grey. They work much harder than we do, because they’re so frightfully clever. I’m awfully glad I’m a Beta, because I don’t work so hard. And then we are much better than the Gammas and Deltas. Gammas are stupid.
Aldous Huxley, Brave New World