Don’t they know that petitions can’t change anything.
- Bronze Age houses uncovered in Cambridgeshire are Britain’s ‘Pompeii’.
- Why evolution may be intelligent, based on deep learning.
- Mysterious Wow! signal may have come from comets.
- Consciousness is not mysterious: It’s just the brain describing itself—to itself.
- Geologists find a rock that’s ‘older than Earth’ in the Australian Outback.
- Confirmation bias holds cosmology back.
- Stories that force us to think about our deepest values activate a region of the brain once thought to be its autopilot.
- Gravitational wave detection could be a false alarm.
- Social media help spread misinformation and conspiracy theories, scientists conclude.
- ISS camera captures ‘fast walker’ UFO.
- Archaeologists begin excavations of lost Honduran ‘City of the Monkey God’ belonging to previously unknown civilisation.
- Scholars confirm site of Salem witch trial hangings.
- The minimal effects of toking on cycling.
- Dyatlov Pass, where 9 hikers mysteriously died in 1959, claims new victim.
- Remarkably well-preserved body of Buddhist monk revealed.
Quote of the Day:
When a man sees his black star, he knows his time is come.