“There are strange things lost and forgotten in obscure corners of the newspaper.”
- Can integrated information theory explain consciousness?
- Chomsky was right: We do have a ‘grammar’ in our head.
- The fractal nature of the brain: EEG data suggests that the brain functions as a ‘quantum computer‘ in 5-8 dimensions.
- When is a circle a circle? How shapes can predict your tolerance of ‘deviancy’.
- The face in the machine.
- How dolphins see people.
- New sightings of Loch Ness Monster at their highest in more than a decade.
- Submarine surveillance station in Scotland may attract tourists with the amplified sounds of distant whales.
- How a famed new age retreat centre helped end the Cold War.
- Richard Hall interviews Gary McKinnon.
- Reported bitcoin ‘founder’ Craig Wright‘s home raided by Australian police.
- Supermassive black hole grows impossibly fast.
- Secret portrait ‘found underneath’ Mona Lisa.
- Whatever became of the Bermuda Triangle.
- Mind-controlled car unveiled in China.
- Teeth from Chinese cave reveal Homo sapiens reached Asia around 100,000 years ago.
- Are mammals 30 million years older than previously thought?
- The only skeletal evidence for crucifixion in the ancient world.
- Woman feels pain for the first time, and quite enjoys it.
- Diamond nanothreads could be the key to space elevators.
- Intact, packed Etruscan tomb found.
Quote of the Day:
Every branch of human knowledge, if traced up to its source and final principles, vanishes into mystery.