Belief is the death of intelligence.
- Neural evidence that animals can project themselves into the future suggests that they have self-awareness.
- Etsy bans sale of witches’ spells.
- New book (US/UK) of portraits from UK’s historic and obscure pagan festivals.
- Strange Attractor to publish the Tarot deck of Austin Osman Spare, recently identified in the collections of The Magic Circle Museum in London.
- Single-celled organism has a complex eye.
- ‘Haunted house’ goes on sale with warning about ‘paranormal activity’.
- Robot to 3D print a bridge in Amsterdam.
- ‘Brain-to-text’ system converts speech brainwave patterns to text.
- Mystery of infant skeletons found in Athens’ ancient Agora Well solved.
- ‘Brainprints‘ could be future security ID.
- Do insect societies share brain power?
- Hemp nanosheets could be better than graphene for making the ideal supercapacitor. Could probably replace Rizlas too.
- Scientists use graphene to create the world’s smallest light bulb.
- The sad remains of the Soviet space shuttle program.
Quote of the Day:
You should view the world as a conspiracy run by a very closely-knit group of nearly omnipotent people, and you should think of those people as yourself and your friends.
Robert Anton Wilson