Will the elves save us from the robots?
- The X-Files: The next mind-bending chapter.
- MI5 records reveal gerbil spycatcher plan.
- Quantum experiment verifies Einstein’s ‘spooky action at a distance’.
- “Computers are going to take over from humans”: Apple co-founder Steve Wozniak.
- Everyone has the right to challenge “scientific experts”.
- In Iceland, ‘respect the elves – or else’.
- Were Martians wiped out by a nuclear bomb?
- Landmark study proves that magnets can control heat and sound.
- Mini black holes could be the key to parallel universes.
- Argentine archaeologists probe ‘Nazi hide-out’ for clues.
- World’s largest asteroid impacts found in central Australia.
- Is Madonna the Kabbalistic Queen of the New World Order?.
- Boeing’s force field could save soldiers from brain injuries.
- 20 images of Jesus and other religious figures seen in strange things and places.
- Universe may be on the brink of collapse (on the cosmological timescale.
- Prehistoric hunt suggests humans arrived in North America earlier than previously thought.
- Have researchers discovered the sound of the stars?
- Curiosity Rover finds biologically useful nitrogen on Mars.
Quote of the day:
Elves are wonderful. They provoke wonder.
Elves are marvellous. They cause marvels.
Elves are fantastic. They create fantasies.
Elves are glamorous. They project glamour.
Elves are enchanting. They weave enchantment.
Elves are terrific. They beget terror.
The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.
No one ever said elves are nice.
Elves are bad.
Terry Pratchett, Lords and Ladies