In light of our recent incidence of collective missing time –how else to explain we’re already in March!– today’s news have a little more UFO content than normal. Enjoy.
- Is this the first official acknowledgment by the US government of the controversial Rendlesham UFO event?
- To learn more about Rendlesham witness John Burroughs’ legal victory against the VA, listen to his interview on The Paracast.
- Thomas Reed’s UFO and alien encounter ‘declared true’ by Bostonian historical society.
- 2015 International UFO Congress recap, courtesy of Open Minds.
- UFO photobombs Argentinian TV news show.
- Recently declassified Soviet-era files purportedly document military encounters with USOs.
- Frank Drake talks about the dire state of SETI.
- I want to Belittle: Fox Mulder and the problem of the ‘romantic conspiracy theorist’ –if you’re a seudo-skeptic, that is…
- The true night owls: What is it like to need just a few hours of sleep?
- Pot causes moms to have crack babies, and turns stoned rabbits into jackalopes!
- ‘Biracial’ twins show us how stupid our ideas about Race really are.
- Is the Syrian civil war the first Climate Change conflict?
- A door to wonder: Revisiting the great gate of Ishtar.
- …But did Babylonians ‘see’ the gate’s blue tiles as blue? What if blue didn’t exist until modern times?
- Perhaps MU’s Ben and Aaron can attend a robot funeral during their trip to Japan.
- Red Pill of the Day: How your morning jacket could help save the planet.
Thanks to Chuckycabra and a Baby Duck.
Quote of the Day:
“They need magic. That’s why. They’re taught from the very beginning, when they’re taught about Santa Claus, and angels, and devils, and demons out of the earth and into the sky. They’re told all this fanciful stuff as small children, and they get to believe that. And they want that to be theirs, that kind of magic to visit them. And they want to—pardon me [ noisily sneezes]. Ah yes, that shows my respect for them, so there.”
~James Randi, ‘splaining why ignorant people like to believe in paranormal lies [/sarcasm]