As a foreigner, I’ve long considered The Daily Show to be the most reliable window into American politics. Jon will be sorely missed.
- DSCOVR probe launched succesfully by SpaceX. Hopefully it will help us get ready for a Carrington even –or is that CRRNGTON now?
- Dinosaurs were tripping on psychedelic fungi, study finds –so THAT explains the feathers and the urge to fly!
- Pic of the Day –and best headline ever: Drunk gorilla punches photographer.
- Chinese civilization may be much older than we thought.
- Imagining Lamanites: Native Americans and the Book of Mormon.
- Could your heart pacemaker be hacked?
- William Gibson: Why Sci-Fi writers don’t predict the future.
- Bringing the Hyperloop into reality.
- Boston Dynamic’s robots are getting more impressive –and creepier.
- Yours truly had a lovely chat with Cam and Kyle over at Expanded Perspectives. The 3 hours –and Johnny Walker– went by in a breeze…
- Yours truly is also going to attend Jaime Maussan’s Cinco de (M)Alien event, despite not having ANY hope it will change *anything* about Roswell.
- Srsly though, you wanna change the paradigm about the UFO phenomenon? A good place to start is this Radio Misterioso interview with Bruce Duensing.
- Gamergate shows the Wikipedia emperor has no clothes.
- The Politics of Play: Let your children wear their scabs with pride!
- While Canada lifts the ban on euthanasia, American doctors and patients sue to have the same rights.
- Red Pill of the Day: Woman avoids smiling for 40 years to stop wrinkles –Life: U R doin’ it WRONG!!!
Thanks to Susan, Charles and Jon.
Quote of the Day:
“If you don’t stick to your values when they’re being tested, they’re not values: they’re hobbies.”