Last News Briefs of 2014 for me. My, how time flies when you’re having Fort!
- “Bigfoot stole my hot cocoa!”
- Scientists implant human brain cells in mice to create “super mouse.” Obligatory 90’s pop reference.
- G(esp)tapo? Berlin police is considering deploying crime-predicting software.
- Too smart to wear a badge: Some police depts reject high-IQ candidates.
- The city New York sets up the scene for the Rise of the Planet of the Apes.
- Water World: Curiosity finds more evidence on how Earth-like Mars used to be.
- After a deep slumber, the New Horizons probe has awakened, and it’s prepping for its Pluto flyby.
- What secrets may be deduced from the über-geeky patches of US spy satellite launches?
- ISS astronaut’s awkward response when asked about UFOs: Lost in translation or coverup?
- Looks like the Mos Eisley cantina will not be enough to satisfy J.J. Abrams’ alien crave.
- Luxor’s Got Talent: Spanish archeologists discover the tomb and mummy of “Amun singer.”
- Check out the swag found in a Ming dinasty’s tomb.
- Fight Science with Science: Conner Habib interviews Skeptiko’s Alex Tsakiris.
- The man with 2 hearts, or how our inner blood pump might influence our personality. The story reminded me of this most excellent film.
- The path of the Sacred Clown: Where the Trickster and the Shaman converge.
- Red Pill of the Day: Have a Sarumany Xmas!
Thanks to the whole TDG community for another stellar year. Enjoy the holidays!
Quote of the Day:
“If the fool would persist in his folly, he would become wise.”