- The chilling sound of the Aztec death whistle.
- Big bangs shake Britain.
- 10 million years ago, our ancestors came down from the trees, to get drunk.
- The forgotten brains.
- Journalist obtains new footage of Phoenix lights showing military encounter with unknown aircraft.
- Stephen Hawking warns artificial intelligence could end mankind. One presumes it’s Hawking talking…
- Stephen Hawking’s new speech system is free and open-source. Will the real Hawking please stand up.
- Meanwhile, robots can still act stupid. (h/t Boing Boing)
- Nick Pope asks what alien life is worth.
- NASA plans journey to Mars.
- Or have they already been! Surely this ‘statue’ on Mars should be called BaROCK Obama. Daily Mail losing its touch?
- Britain’s ley line network due for radical upgrade.
- Anglo-Saxon carving turns up in rockery rubble.
- Transcending boundaries: identity and oppression within psychedelic culture. (h/t to disinfo.com)
- Researchers turn back clock on Antikythera Mechanism.
- Scientists claim the Golden Ratio unifies science.
- No resurrection for mummy daddy.
- Unused lunar barfbags left on moon. Someone should tell this guy.
Quote of the Day:
Those who don’t believe in magic will never find it.