Fresh Fortean freakishness and futile futurism:
- From My Little Pony to tulpamancy, a cultural phenomenon now deserving of academic study.
- Brain to brain interaction at a distance.
- Can you ever really know an Extraterrestrial? Even to catch a whiff of them might be dangerous.
- Noam Chomsky contemplates the end of human history.
- Meanwhile, Stephen Hawking worries that the God particle may bring a more sudden conclusion to the whole universe.
- Is our microbiome our puppetmaster?
- Feel more free: have a pee.
- As psychoactive plants are now in season at Kew Gardens, UK Liberal Democrats pledge to decriminalise drug possession.
- ‘Spirit Wrestlers’ dress Nine Ladies in pink in an ‘act of love‘, following earlier vandalism.
- The strange history of ‘Mad honey’, a hallucinogenic weapon of war.
- Is the pyramidal hill Gunung-Padang 12,000 years older than Gobekli Tepe?
- Where were you when episodic memories were located? In my memory palace.
- The thermodynamic theory of Ecology.
- Prahlad Jani claims he’s had no need for food or water, for 65 Years.
- Caryatids found guarding Alexandrian tomb.
- Has DNA evidence identified Jack the Ripper, or was it the Loch Ness Monster ?
- The surprising verdict on Atheist TV: it’s reasonably ok.
Thanks to Cat, John and Rick for links
Quote of the Day:
Sad species. Poor Owl.