Hell is empty and all the devils are here
- On the remote island of Vanuatu, a rich former executive and his wife wait for the world to end.
- The Quietus asks “Is Utopia the emblematic TV drama of the decade?”
- Who were the ancient bog mummies? Surprising new clues.
- Is our solar system weird? What are the odds?
- Real-life quest for the ‘Holy Grail’ as Nanteos cup is stolen.
- The child-like faith in reason.
- The uncanniest valley: what happens when robots know us better than we know ourselves?
- An interview with directors of Huicholes: The Last Peyote Guardians.
- On the 45th anniversary of Apollo 11 moon landing, Snopes covers moon landing ‘urban’ legends (not, as you might think, rumours of lunar cities!).
- 5000-year-old rock carving in Scotland may be unburied.
- The mysteries of England’s medieval church graffiti.
- Giant fossil poo goes up for auction.
- Is this the oldest known UFO photo?
- Probing the brain for lost memories.
- Lost archives of the Fairy Investigation Society published.
Thanks to Kat and Cat for links
Quote of the Day:
There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy.