I am the God of Hellfire, and I bring you…
- Consciousness on-off switch discovered deep in brain. What if it had only been an off-switch?
- Scientists discover physical correlate of magic mushroom-induced dream-like state.
- Scientists on the hunt for real life midi-chlorians: are religious rituals like circumcision, the communion chalice, kissing of relics, holy wells, cannibalism, condoms, celibacy and festivals examples of microbial host control? (pdf)
- Seahenge has a sister.
- Chimpanzee dictionary published.
- Premature birth causes Human Brain Project damage.
- His time on this ‘grim rock’ may nearly be up, but the inventor of Sabre, a reusable rocket engine, is still committed to powering humanity’s exodus.
- World’s earliest known example of erotic graffiti found on Greek island.
- Amateurs, empiricism, and the tedium of psychical research. Guest Post by Alicia Puglionesi on the Forbidden Histories blog.
- Tiny bio-bots powered by rat muscle.
- These are not maps of where atheists live, but of isolated religious communities.
- The shocking truth about men spending time with themselves.
- Architecture meets magnetism.
- ‘Leprechauns‘ gain protection under EU law.
- Train derailment leaves plane fuselages stranded.
- A stone circle to unite England and Scotland?
- Witch or glitch?
Quote of the Day:
Your weirdness will make you strong. Your dark side will keep you whole. Your vulnerability will connect you to the rest of our suffering world. your creativity will set you free. There’s nothing wrong with you.