Wrap your brain cells around this lot:
- Neurobiologists confirm that non-conformity hurts.
- Distilling the essence of perception: the best optical illusions of the year. The “Rotating McThatcher” is a surrealist masterpiece. Baa.
- Russian fisherman nets pagan god figurine.
- Decoding Anglo-Saxon art. Those ancient artists liked to play with pareidolia, it seems!
- Now this is a synapse.
- The woman who lived in sin with a dolphin.
- Prehistoric hunting scenes unearthed in Spanish cave.
- Is science really real?
- My proof of survival: a skeptic’s afterlife education.
- Q: How do you make a paranormal event seem believable? A: Fake skepticism.
- Submit your false memories to this False Memory Archive. Real false memories only, please.
- Pining for the fjords? Indian court asked to rule on whether Hindu guru dead or meditating.
- Let’s send DNA to habitable planets, and print humans on site.
- 10 futurist phrases and terms that are complete bullshit.
- The imminent extinction of Iboga.
- Is DNA multilingual?
- Quantum teleportation and the race to prove Einstein wrong.
- Looks like a fascinating, if expensive, read: The Ashgate Research Companion to Paranormal Cultures.
- A review of the recently-published ‘Beowulf: A Translation and Commentary’ by J.R.R. Tolkein.
- Handy guide to the most ‘out-there’ Bigfoot theories.
- SETI plans to eavesdrop on aliens’ interplanetary communications.
- One day, rocks made from plastic dinosaurs will mark the Anthropocene horizon.
Quote of the Day:
People do not seem to realise that their opinion of the world is also a confession of their character.
Ralph Waldo Emerson