I feel like a Podling who’s had his essence sucked out by a Skeksi…
- Could lucid dreaming be the next treatment for PTSD?
- Small electrical shocks can stimulate lucid dreaming during REM sleep.
- Dream telepathy research is taking off again.
- Prehistoric cultures used psychedelic drugs during funerals.
- A royal messenger’s tomb reveals visions of the ancient Egyptian afterlife.
- New book by Andrew Collins, Gobekli Tepe: Genesis of the Gods (Amazon US/UK).
- Watch Andrew’s presentation on Gobekli Tepe and the Watchers of Eden.
- Rock drawings spotted by tourists show ancient Egyptian art’s African roots.
- A Byzantine iPad found in an ancient shipwreck.
- The lost Mayan city of Noh Kah has been mapped.
- Last year, archaeologists revealed the lost city of Chactún.
- Plenty of lost cities being found in the Cambodian jungle too.
- Are high-tech copies of archaeological sites even better than the real thing?
- Remembering Mary Anning, the greatest dinosaur fossil hunter ever known.
- A rock that looks like a dinosaur skull has been spotted on Mars.
- A revered sasquatch mask returned to British Columbia’s First Nation.
- Numerous urban legends tell of
Mexico CityLouisville’s Goat Man.
- The disturbing reality that spawned the mythical jackalope.
- A flaming object fell from the sky in Australia.
- A monster jellyfish was seen in Cornwall’s Helford River.
- The Colorado river reaches the sea for the first time in decades.
Quote of the Day:
“I do believe in an everyday sort of magic — the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we’re alone.”
~ Charles de Lint