Small steps, or giant leaps?
- Researchers induce ‘out-of-body’ lucid dream states.
- Hallucinating yourself.
- Archaeologists believe they have found the skeleton of the legendary hell hound Black Shuck.
- Handy guide to creating a scientifically-plausible alien life form.
- Ice-age skeleton from submerged cave in Mexico links early and modern Native Americans.
- How to make a Jackalope (apparently).
- Neanderthals boiled their food.
- Choosing the path to the post-human future.
- While Russell Targ is the latest leading advocate of non-local consciousness to discover/complain about his Wikipedia entry, Deepak Chopra tries a new approach to the problem of guerrilla skepticism.
- Raëlian UFO cult disapproves of Pope’s willingness to baptise extraterrestrials.
- Never mind that ‘biggest dinosaur ever’ story, ancient shrimps have yielded the oldest giant sperm.
- Robot reads novels, writes songs about them.
- Uri Geller to ‘amaze sick children’ with 40,000-spoon gorilla statue.
- The mathematical impossibility of sentient robots.
- Archaeologists discover first skeleton of man likely to have been involved in battle during the Norman invasion of Britain.
- Ghost boosters: Dan Aykroyd backs Scotland’s first paranormal festival.
- How do you dismantle a building made of human remains?
- The first Dutch astronaut, who died yesterday, exemplified the ‘overview effect‘ (h/t @leashless).
Thanks to Greg for links
Quote of the Day:
It suddenly struck me that that tiny pea, pretty and blue, was the Earth. I put up my thumb and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth. I didn’t feel like a giant. I felt very, very small.