- Science gives you permission to trust your gut.
- How to tell if you’re dealing with a ‘pseudoskeptic.’
- Robert McLuhan’s take on cases of alleged reincarnation involving children.
- Tony Morrill discusses the phenomenon of demonic possession.
- ‘Switching’ to quantum computing, thanks to new breakthrough.
- Rendezvous with Rosetta: The ESA is ready to land a spacecraft on the surface of a comet.
- Move over, Chicxulub! THIS is the Mother of all asteroid impacts.
- Divinity as Monstrosity: A look at Aronofsky’s obsession with the story of Noah [Mild Spoilers].
- Lawmakers decide Sea World can keep its orcas… for now.
- Nick Redfern investigates the mystery of lake monsters.
- Exhibit (a) that the US Navy is turning into Battlestar Galactica: Turning seawater into fuel.
- Exhibit (b): Their sci-fi electromagnetic rail-gun.
- …Speaking of which, you can start praising (or cursing) the lords of Kobol: Battlestar Galactica is coming to the silver screen!
- The Paracast interviews Canadian UFO investigator Chris Rutkowski.
- Valeria Lukyanova, the ‘human Barbie doll’, sees herself as a ‘Nordic’ & frowns upon ‘race mixing.’
- Red Pill of the Day: Space Barbie, Vice’s 2013 documentary on Valeria Lukyanova.
Thanks to Susan.
Quote of the Day:
“Their mouths, which mere minutes before had been employed in the process of demolishing and ingesting various foodstuffs, were now jammed up damply against one another while still being used for breathing, which must have been more than a little uncomfortable.”
“Bits of one jammed into bits of the other, dangerously close to some of the weakest and most important internal organs.”
“With absolutely no regard for personal space, the two of them created an unnecessary amount of friction, generating sweat in the process.”
“Some sort of gel emerged.”
“One sat upon the other, like furniture that sneaks inside of your body.”
Erotica Written By An Alien Pretending Not To Be Horrified By The Human Body (excerpt), by Mallory Ortberg.