You really don’t want H1N1 flu. It’s deep misery for 10 days or longer. (What do you think I’ve been recovering from since New Years?) The CDC says H1N1 is still on a rampage, so, please, get vaccinated.
- Man dead for 45 minutes says he awoke after seeing afterlife.
- Cosmic harassment, stripping, strangulation, and cannibalism? Astronomers’ theories of where galaxies come from.
- Physicists control quantum particles by looking at them.
- Scientists ‘freeze’ light for an entire minute.
- New find hits Cambrian fossil jackpot – again.
- Amateur discovers Roman-era German treasure linked to Wagnerian Nibelung legend.
- Been to the pyramids of Giza recently? You might be one of the last.
- Old Arctic ice is disappearing and taking the rest of the ice with it.
- Brain scans show striking similarities between dogs and humans.
- Honeybee virus is now spreading to bumblebees, which also pollinate crops, dealing a potential double blow to agriculture.
- The behaviors of captive rhesus macaque monkeys and the banking industry both comprise complex networks, and researchers say monitoring changes in these internal networks could help banks avoid catastrophic collapses. Don’t forget the cocaine.
- Caffeine kick not doing it for you? Try a mild electric shock – the Pentagon is.
- My cat bit me, and now I’m turning into a cat!
- Vast stores of helium are escaping from the steam vents and hot springs of Yellowstone National Park.
- Snowden documents reveal covert surveillance and pressure tactics aimed at WikiLeaks and its supporters.
- CCTV footage of a werewolf terrifies locals in Brazil.
- Wired: What you need to know about the heroes in Guardians of the Galaxy. I’m warmin’ up to these aliens.
- Signs of the impending Robopocalypse: Fall for a robot to fend off heartache.
A big thanks to RickMG and Red Pill Junkie.
Headline & Quote of the Day:
Smartest Kid Ever Sells Girl Scout Cookies Outside a Medical Marijuana Clinic
Duuude. It is a rare magical moment when the invisible hand makes a shaka sign and supply wafts up to mingle with the perfumed plumes of demand.