Awesome birthday cake candle for Yoko Ono.
- New evidence for an ancient ocean on Mars.
- Strange dark streaks on Mars could be flowing water.
- We were all stood up by a giant asteroid last night.
- Paint used in prehistoric cave art will help protect a solar probe.
- Utsuro-Bune: a recorded UFO crash from Japan, 1803.
- Original 1803 drawings of Utsuro Bune & her crashed UFO.
- Holy hand grenades are not allowed on Japan’s rabbit island.
- The Island of Dr Meow: Japan’s island of cats.
- Cats have super, psychedelic vision. And lasers.
- An interview with Japan’s last magic mirror maker.
- The City of Brass: a classic Persian tale, retold.
- Lion City, China’s own Atlantis, now open to tourists.
- Vikings of the world, unite in battle, for Ragnarok is here!
- The Telepathy Project: art, Democritus, & the dreaming mind.
- If we’re living in a computer simulation, where is my power-up?
- Daniel Kish perceives the world around him using ecolocation.
- Asian elephants comfort distressed companions by talk & touch.
- Vale Jimmy Murakami, director of When The Wind Blows.
Quote of the Day:
The dogmatic belief that science is the only path to any and all kinds of knowledge has been called “scientism.” There’s a world of difference between science and scientism. Science is a fine tool, but scientism is a cruel master…