Black Friday video mash-up. The good news: nobody died this year.
- Sexual frustration decreases lifespan. Yep, sucks the will to live right outta ya.
- If people can take hard drugs and still go on
being paid to runrunning a national bank or Canada’s biggest city, how dangerous can such substances be?
- For 20 years, the nuclear launch code at US Minuteman silos was 00000000.
- A gigantic ‘communal latrine’, created at the dawn of the dinosaurs, has been unearthed in Argentina.
- Your brain continually eats itself – apparently.
- Distant memories: Mice can ‘warn’ sons, grandsons of dangers via sperm.
- No, humans are not chimp-pig hybrids. Could’ve fooled me.
- Crocodiles and alligators use tools.
- From Turing to Snowden: Revelations show transatlantic intelligence pact started in second world war is expanding beyond states’ ability to control it.
- New report compiles extensive evidence showing how some of the world’s largest corporations have
conspiredpartnered with private intelligence firms and government intelligence agencies to spy on activist and nonprofit groups.
- Why things are going wrong in biomedical research.
- Hey, ya’ll — this video of people taking the American dialect survey is fascinating.
- Why are there so many tunnels under London?
- How to store all those bits and bytes cheaply and reliably? Magnetic tape.
- Inside the high-tech fortresses of the super-rich. Anybody know what kind of gas knocks you out for 24 hours?
- Google has its employees using Macs, not Windows or its own Chromebooks.
Quote of the Day:
A stupid man’s report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.