- It’s 75 years today since the War of the Worlds shenanigans.
- But did Orson Welles really cause nation-wide hysteria?
- Disney goes extraterrestrial with new attractions.
- Retired USAF officer talks about aliens, nukes, & the UFO cabal.
- Roman sculpture of an eagle & snake unearthed in London.
- Romani ite Mexico! How an eagle eating a snake created the Aztec Empire.
- Treasured diary of 19th century German Egyptologist found in Australia.
- National Geographic & Zahi Hawass accused of corrupt payments.
- It’s not the first time for the self-proclaimed Greatest Egyptologist Ever.
- Science has lost its way, at a big cost to humanity.
20-sided dicechaos theory to predict ‘dragon king’ events.
- Are conspiracy theories destroying democracy?
- Does pure evil exist & what are the consequences of believing it does?
- Samhain: the Bronze Age origins of Halloween.
- 20 of Britain’s most haunted places.
- Could synesthesia explain how some people see auras?
- Modern Mythology: we are narrative machines.
- Chile’s Mapuche shamans weave myth & history to rewrite their story.
- A Poet in the Great Bear Rainforest: why black bears turn white.
- New species of dolphin identified off Australia’s northern coast.
- Why aliens won’t look like Flipper (Amazon US/UK).
Quote of the Day:
“No one would have believed in the last years of the nineteenth century that this world was being watched keenly and closely by intelligences greater than man’s and yet as mortal as his own; that as men busied themselves about their various concerns they were scrutinised and studied, perhaps almost as narrowly as a man with a microscope might scrutinise the transient creatures that swarm and multiply in a drop of water.”
HG Wells, The War Of The Worlds