What would Wolfgang Pauli do?
- Egyptologists unearth the 4000-year-old tomb of a Pharaoh’s doctor.
- Here’s a photo of the tomb’s entrance for you to imagine chthonic horrors.
- Work begins to restore the ancient theatre of Sparta.
- Huge Neolithic structure discovered in Finland has solstice alignments.
- Laser survey maps hundreds of artificial caves beneath Nottingham.
- More about the Nottingham Caves Survey & its merry band of spelunkers.
- Koalas aren’t eating eucalyptus leaves, they’re mining them for gold.
- Common insecticide shuts down a key immune protein in bees.
- Horrific smog shuts down one of China’s largest cities.
- Mongolia’s nomads decide to stay put to combat chronic overgrazing.
- Modern stress means a steady stream of clientele for a Mongolian shaman.
- Terrific article on Ayahuasca, the Amazon rainforest’s medicine for the soul.
- Hardwiring happiness into the brain (Amazon US/UK).
- Darwin’s son drew all over his original On the Origin of Species manuscript.
- Invisible Cities is a choose-your-own-adventure redefining opera.
- If David Bowie was a yogi, Labyrinth would have looked a lot like this.
- A land serene, a crystal moon… awesome caves around the world.
- How lucid dreaming can help you be more awake (Amazon US/UK).
- A brief history of dreaming & the reality of dreams.
- A dove narrowly escaped becoming a lion’s elevenses at the Adelaide Zoo.
Quote of the Day:
The more enlightened our houses are, the more their walls ooze ghosts.