Unless all the intelligent life forms on Earth focus their attention on the Fukushima crisis within the next six weeks, it’s quite likely they’ll soon be kissing their arses goodbye — along with every other lifeform on the planet. The media has been reporting on the dire and imminent threat associated with any attempt to remove over 1,300 bent, brittle fuel rods from a tettering pool of water 100 feet above ground. The smallest mistake – rods getting too close to each other or one coming in contact with air – could destroy civilization and the whole world’s environment. This is an issue of human survival. If we don’t act to stop them, in November, the inept, irresponsible, and deceitful artificial lifeform named TEPCO is to begin trying to remove the damaged fuel rods from reactor 4. Shouldn’t we at least try to find someone better qualified, and with more integrity?
- All the resources our species can muster must immediately be focused on the fuel pool at Fukushima Unit 4.
- The REAL Fukushima danger.
- Tepco has no idea how to stablize the reactors. But someone in the comments does.
- Stunning story from a Fukushima Daiichi nuclear power plant worker. Five pages!
- Unbelievable consequences if risky Fukushima cleanup goes bad.
- Chances are good that if you’ve switched on a light in the United States in the last 20 years, you can thank a retired Russian nuclear warhead for lighting up the darkness.
- Star Wars lightsabers accidentally invented: Physicists discovered a way to bind photons together in order to form a new molecule which behaves almost exactly like George Lucas’s deadly devices.
- Ancient Egyptians came to Yorkshire 2000 years ago.
- Is this how our ancestors sounded? Linguist recreates Proto-Indo-European, or PIE.
- Did Venus give Earth the moon? Wild new theory on lunar history (according to space.com).
- Your cat is 95 percent tiger. ‘Cat’ in Chinese: tiger that eats from the hand.
- Chimps are making monkeys out of us.
- Less stress, better smells? New study suggests blowing off steam makes the world more aromatic.
- Jellyfish exterminator robot developed. Finally, something useful.
- One of England’s most senior police officers has called for class-A drugs to be decriminalized and for the policy of outright prohibition to be radically revised.
- NSA has built its own, secret, warrantless, shadow social network, and you’ve already joined it.
- Hundreds of US security clearances seen falsified.
- The one telco exec who resisted the NSA has been released from 4+ years in jail.
- Your digital trail, and how it can be used against you.
- Here’s how Twitter can track you on all of your devices: The company’s latest acquisition gives it creepy powers that advertisers would die for.
- The story of John Titor, alleged time traveler: Are some of the eerie predictions he made during his five months online coming true?
- ‘Bionic man’ warns of ethical minefield: Commercial interests cannot be trusted to steer humanity, insists key speaker at inaugural FutureFest.
- Record label picks copyright fight — with the wrong guy.
- Sorry the news was so late today. I supervised 18 hours of plumming repairs this weekend. Am I broke? Not yet. I still have to replace one more cut-off valve before adding up the (monetary) damage. … One more to make up for being late…
- A possible explanation for that awesome ‘Iron Man’ UFO you just saw.
Quote of the Day:
Me, I want to bloody kick this moronic bloody world in the bloody teeth over and over till it bloody understands that not hurting people is ten bloody thousand times more bloody important than being right.
David Mitchell, Black Swan Green