- With almost 40,000 years of age, the Altxerri cave paintings in Spain are confirmed to be the oldest in Europe.
- Antediluvian CD’s? The ancient Jade bi (discs) from China remain a mystery.
- Genome sequence of tiger completed –but you’re STILL not allowed to turn them extinct, you practitioners of traditional Chinese medicine a-holes!
- Cat lovers will not approve of the Iranian space program’s next goal.
- Calvin & Hobbes + Dune = Awesome.
- Humanoid shape spotted in Mercury has geeks thinking of Han Solo –but *I* know better…
- The case for cometary panspermia strengthens.
- Sean Carroll: “The Matrix has you.”
- Rockstar Games agrees with me: in the sandbox videogame that is Reality, UFOs are the Easter eggs which make the game more enjoyable to play.
DarknessControversy: Julian didn’t want to be portrayed by Khan in The Fifth Estate. Here’s Wikileaks thumbs-down review of the film.
- On the latest Skeptiko, Alex tries to convince atheist John Loftus that he’s not a biological robot –Oooh this is gonna be good!
- Richard Dawkins: ‘An Appetite for Wonder’ doth not a good autobiography make…
- From W to WTF: 18 unique hotels from around the world.
- Bigfoot print found in Ohio backyard.
- Squatching just entered the XXIst century.
- Red Pill of the Day: Meet Traddino, the world’s largest walking robot –who also happens to be a dragon (double geekgasm!).
Thanks to Kat, Bosko & Susan.
Quote of the Day:
“We witness that there is a relationship between government, media and industry that is evident even at this most spurious and superficial level. These three institutions support one another. We know that however cool a media outlet may purport to be, their primary loyalty is to their corporate backers. We know also that you cannot criticise the corporate backers openly without censorship and subsequent manipulation of this information.”