After 54 consecutive days of temps above 90F, including last Friday’s record of 97F, I’m looking forward to today’s high being in the mid-80s.
- Stonehenge: English Heritage excavations show site has nothing to do with sun worshipping, and find evidence circle was once complete.
- World’s largest volcano discovered beneath Pacific — comparable in size to Olympus Mons on Mars.
- What is this weird web-tower thing, spotted in the Peruvian Amazon? Wired asked around. No one knows.
- ‘Texas Hold ‘Em Heads Up Poker’: Fair warning about the artificial intelligence nicknamed Little Bastard.
- The NSA is winning its long-running secret war on encryption, using a variety of underhanded methods.
- The first Google Doodle was a Burning Man stick figure.
- Mice exposed to gut bacteria of overweight humans become overweight, while those exposed to the microbiomes of thin humans lose weight.
- Jellyfish: They’re taking over! And you thought Jaws was scary.
- Is Bigfoot roaming eastern Nebraska?
- Chupacabras – or Texas blue dogs – tested, stuffed, and explained.
- Two Maine men who claim they were abducted by extraterrestrials aren’t shy about retelling their stories.
- Strange groaning from the sky spooks Canada town. Similar reports have emerged worldwide.
- World’s largest cave, Son Doong, prepping for first public tours. Purdy!
Quote of the Day:
We made the bold move of replacing a sociopath with another sociopath. Onwards!
Greg Taylor, @DailyGrail, presumably regarding Oz’s recent election.