Awright! Awright! I’m barbecuing already! If you’re willing to provide good company or good beer, you’re invited. If both, I’ll pick you up at the airport in my redneck limo.
- Financial stress causes loss of 13 IQ points. Longer version. Broader version. And…
- Smithsonian version: When you don’t have enough money, it’s hard to think about anything else.
- TEPCO just used plastic tape to ‘fix’ a pipe that has been leaking highly radioactive water.
- Fukushima radiation levels are ’18 times higher’ than thought. Japan vows quick action. I thought they vowed ‘quick action’ more than two years ago.
- Hard-Wired for Giving: Contrary to conventional wisdom that humans are essentially selfish, scientists are finding that the brain is built for generosity.
- Humans would be better off if they monkeyed around like the muriquis.
- Ice-age giants like the woolly rhino may originally have been Tibetan.
- Ancient trash heaps in Bolivia used for millennia now suggest humans explored the western Amazon as early as 10,000 years ago.
- An Iron Age tunic is among the discoveries found under melting snow on Norwegian mountains.
- 19th-century text used to train samurai warriors deciphered.
- Head injuries clearly linked to [permanent] brain damage.
- Got CRS disease? There may be hope for you.
- Your cell phone is blabbing your location to anyone who wants to listen. You might begin to care when your car insurance company says your cell-location data suggests you regularly speed, or when your employer says your cell phone was hanging out in a bar the whole day you called in sick.
- Supervolcanos’ ash was so hot it turned back into lava miles from eruption.
- Snarks and Boojums.
- The creature — appeared in Jamaica. Not convincing, but more fun than any Bigfoot story I’ve seen in months.
Quote of the Day:
Suddenly I heard a noise as of thunder, which I thought to be that of a wave of the sea. The trees shook, and the earth was moved. I uncovered my face, and I saw that a serpent drew near……his body was as overlaid with gold, and his colour as that of true lazuli….… it was the prince of the land of Punt…
The Shipwrecked Sailor, 2200 B.C.