Stay safe, Red Pill Junkie. Stories like this make me worry for you.
- There’s now evidence that other Europeans beat the Vikings to the North Atlantic.
- This 1,600-year-old goblet shows that the Romans were nanotech pioneers.
- Christians were thriving in Britain before Augustine: Ring confirms Roman converts were more widespread than thought before first missionary arrived.
- Archaeologists find enormous marble tomb fit for a king under a massive mound in Greece.
- Secrets of Beowulf revealed: Relics discovered at Danish feasting hall which featured in Britain’s oldest epic poem.
- As humans alter the places where animals live, we may be fueling the evolution of bigger brains.
- Great escape: A million cockroaches flee China farm. Who sells cockroach eggs by the kilo?
- From the lab to the street: How 3 illegal drugs came to be.
- Breaking Bad and crystal meth – a chemical reaction.
- Ibogaine: Mind-altering drug could offer life free of heroin.
- Fukushima ‘much worse’ than reported.
- NSA agents were really excited to bug the United Nations (and more).
- NSA and GCHQ: The flawed psychology of government mass surveillance.
- Edward Snowden’s digital maneuvers still stumping U.S. government.
- Jobs, robots, capitalism, inequality, and you.
- Will we ever want to have sex with robots?
- Ohio man declared dead, comes back to life.
- @elonmusk: We figured out how to design rocket parts just w hand movements through the air (seriously). Now need a high frame rate holograph generator.
- Burning Man festival’s big hangup.
Quote of the Day:
Let’s be realistic. Going to Burning Man isn’t cheap. Most people who have the wherewithal to do that have real jobs somewhere. And if they disappear to the dark side of the moon for a week, they have to at least every couple days or so take a look at the emails, make sure nothing’s on fire back home.
David Burgess, in the article linked just above.