- Islam’s Medieval Underworld: rogues, vagabonds, & wandering poets. “Only a gang of experienced burglars would be abroad at such an hour equipped with a tortoise.”
- Carved stone monument reveals the Secrets of the Mayan Snake-Queen.
- A 16-feet long dinosaur tail was unearthed in the Mexican desert.
- Missing piece of a prehistoric mammoth-ivory figurine reveals a lion.
- Prehistoric cave art & altered states of consciousness, confirmed.
- Polynesian navigators revive an ancient skill that was nearly lost.
- The end of night: why we should turn to the dark side (Amazon US, UK).
- Ahh-rooo! New technology identifies individual wild wolves by their howls.
- Znrrrt-tweet! Dolphins use unique whistles to call each other by name.
- Video of a jaguar munching on ayahuasca, the catnip of the Amazon.
- Empty nests: the hunt for illegal egg collectors in Britain.
- The highs & lows of being in the Astronaut Wives Club (Amazon US, UK/Kindle).
- The uncanny familiar: can we ever really know a cat?
Quote of the Day:
Look into the eyes of a cat for a moment. Your gaze will flicker between recognising another being, and staring into a void.
~ Daid Wood, If A Cat Could Talk