My god, it’s full of stars.
- Time speeds up as you age, & slows down when you’re scared.
- The 11th century Chinese scholar Shen Kuo & a pearl-like UFO.
- Dr Julie Beischel on yoga, precognitive dream warnings, & sharks.
- John Matthews talks about self-publishing adventures in the Mythwood.
- 80 acres of ancient woodland in Kent to be destroyed for quarry.
- Help the Woodland Trust’s Save the Oaken Wood campaign.
- Sara Maitland on fairy tales & forests (Amazon US/Kindle, UK/Kindle).
- Where do our imaginary friends go when we grow up? They turn into cats.
- Do kids have imaginary friends, or can they see dead people?
- Guillermo del Toro talks about imagination, lucid dreaming, & filmmaking.
- The acacia tree has deep roots in mythology, religion, & psychedelia.
- Photos by astronauts aboard the ISS reveal the Overview Effect.
- The wonderful Terri Windling explores the wisdom of mountains.
- There’s hope for Spain’s critically endangered Iberian lynx.
- Scientists put nature’s infinite playlist on iPods to monitor wildlife.
- Dr Krause & the Great Animal Orchestra (Amazon US/Kindle, UK/Kindle).
- When a choir is at full voice, many hearts beat as one. Literally.
Quote of the Day:
“Everyone, no matter what their cultural background, has a right to discover the sacred in nature; to heal and be redeemed spiritually by nature; and to revere the ancestors. We are all haunted and saved by our memories.”
~ Martha Brooks, Bone Dance