Uhoh, Greg wants his website back!
- Meditation’s effects on emotion shown to persist.
- Ghost psyche. We are haunted by vestigial psychological equipment. George Monbiot’s book Feral: searching for enchantment on the frontiers of rewilding is available from Amazon (US/UK).
- Mother claims her children can speak to dead people after they discovered a ghost in the attic. A comparison with Victorian spiritualist families by MJ Wayland.
- Low doses of psilocybin help extinguish conditioned fear in mice.
- Hawk moths create blasts of ultrasound to fight bats by rubbing their genitals. That’s their excuse, what’s yours?
- Testicles have taste receptors.
- The latest ‘Nessie‘ pictures.
- Long way from R’lyeh. Dead Octopus found at the top of England’s highest peak.
- Extraterrestrial hypothesis vs Jacques Vallée Youtube rap thing.
- The man who hears people before they speak (well, before he sees them speak).
- Deep soils store up to five times more carbon than first thought.
- Ad campaign to use bone conduction technology to transfer adverts from train windows directly into commuters’ heads.
- Vast crater found under Antarctica ice cap.
- Cockatoo cracks lock with no prior training.
- Deserts ‘greening’ from rising CO2.
- Sutton Hoo online with the Google Cultural Institute.
Thanks to Greg and Rick for links
Quote of the Day:
The suburbs dream of violence. Asleep in their drowsy villas,
sheltered by benevolent shopping malls, they wait patiently for the
nightmares that will wake them into a more passionate world.