“Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes.”
- Black hole paradox, solved.
- Penguin galaxy takes maternal pose.
- If the planets were… closer.
- Is there life on Mars?
- Space Shuttle ’UFO video’ from STS-80 gets new attention.
- ‘Space Wedge’ drop ship gets tested.
- Asteroid hunters, unite!
- A second chance for Kepler?
- The quantum physics of plant life?
- Synthetic rain… check that one off the list, Hatfield.
- Pulling energy from thin air.
- A window into memory.
- This is your brain, in 3D.
- Traces of silver proven to increase antibiotic effectiveness by 1000x.
- Are naked mole rats a key to fighting cancer?
- Gene that regulates stem cell death and skin regeneration, identified.
- After Tunguska and before Chelyabinsk, there was Dyatlov Pass.
- Tracing Stone Age trade routes via snail.
- Chinese astronaut teaches from space.
- National campaign hopes to inspire more girls to study science.
- A ‘still life’ satellite shot of the planet’s vegetation.
- Vampire bats don’t simply drink blood.
- Cities, the new complex systems.
- A map of the United States… literally.
- Have you seen the little-known film, Wavelength? More here.
- ’Smoked’ bacon, redefined.
- Enjoy the Solstice!
- This week’s evidence of the pending robot uprising… spherical ‘bots.
Wishing Happy Solstice Birthdays to everyone celebrating – esp. to MKG!
Quote of the Day:
“We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.”