*Yawwwwn.* Is it bedtime yet?
- U.S. embassy in Cairo warns tourists about visiting Egypt’s pyramids of Giza. The Egyptian minister of antiquities described the embassy’s warning as unjustified, and the Egypt State Information Service issued this press release.
- The weirdest and fiercest helmets from the age of armored combat.
- On Thursday, politicians, bank bosses, billionaires, chief executives and European royalty will begin the 2013 Bilderberg conference. Anonymous just revealed it’s run as a charity.
- Not only is the ever-growing wealth of the super-rich not trickling down, it is creating ever-growing instability in a future not worth having.
- The impending deluge: Rising sea levels in a warming world threaten us with ever more sudden cataclysms.
- Three veteran researchers and storm chasers died in Friday’s tornado. Photo at the end shows why a vehicle isn’t a safe refuge!
- Video of continuously-forming tornados in Oklahoma on May 31. So many funnels simultaneously on the ground, it’s hard to count them.
- Oklahomans attempted to flee Friday’s tornado, turning Oklahoma City’s already-packed Interstates and roadways into parking lots.
- No ‘universal’ best practice to save yourself from tornadoes.
- A cure for distracted minds?
- The reality of paranormal trauma, and the negative bias of mental health care.
- Restless legs syndrome, insomnia and brain chemistry: A tangled mystery solved?
- Study: Gambling apes get angry when they lose.
- This man is not a cyborg. Yet.
- Anatomy of a hack: How crackers make minced meat out of your passwords.
- An insider’s view of the myths and truths of the 3-D printing phenomenon.
- Google told to share data with FBI: Judge who earlier ruled National Security Letters unconstitutional orders Google to nonetheless comply with them.
- How a summer off the grid inspired the eco-anarchy of The East.
- Starling returns to visit pensioner who cared for it when it damaged its wing (and brings the family too).
- Comic Con 2013: Wading into the dating pool is hard enough, but if you’re going to date at warp speed, you have to dress the part.
- Microsoft manager becomes marijauna mogul planning to turn his business into the Coca Cola of pot.
Quote of the Day:
I came to be acquainted [with] cannabis about a year-and-a-half ago. A colleague of mine at Microsoft – who is one of the top programmers there – he told me that he uses it frequently. Now, to give you a bit about my background, I grew up in the era of Ronald Reagan, Nancy Reagan – ‘Just say ‘No’ to drugs,’ and ‘This is your brain on drugs,’ with the frying pan and the egg. It’s something I just simply didn’t want anything to do with it. And when this brilliant friend of mine tells me he was using it regularly, I said ‘What the heck are you doing? Aren’t you worried you’re going to hurt your brain?’ He said, to the contrary, ‘I’m convinced that within five years, marijuana will come to be regarded as a health food. It totally blew my mind.
Microsoft manager Jamen Shively — the man who plans to bring corporate branding to cannabis.