- Comprehensive analysis of impact spherules supports theory of cosmic impact 12,800 years ago.
- Unwittingly, we have been stripping phytonutrients from our diet since we stopped foraging for wild plants some 10,000 years ago and became farmers.
- Why fire makes us human.
- Ponce De Leon never searched for the Fountain of Youth. How did this myth get started?
- The rise and fall and rise of Zahi Hawass.
- Ancient Egyptian artefacts continue to deteriorate in Cairo’s central museum.
- ‘Hairdo archaeologist’ solves ancient fashion mysteries.
- Moon dust gathered by Neil Armstrong and Buzz Aldrin discovered in warehouse after 40 years.
- Welcome to the real space age.
- Synchronisation: simply stated, what we have here is the transfer of momentum resulting in the alignment of motion. (Don’t be afraid. Keep reading.)
- Could you solve three Rubik’s cubes in six minutes – while juggling them?
- Nine years ago, Graham woke up, and discovered he was dead.
- Thirty years ago the forests of Sumatra and Borneo were full of tigers, elephants, rhinos, orangutan and exotic birds and plants. In a single generation, global agribusiness has turned those forests into toilet paper and palm plantations.
- In Indonesia, land owned by indigenous people is being seized and deforested by multinational corporations.
- March Against Monsanto: Two million march against GM crops.
- How pop culture words go official: Though fantasy and sci-fi have invented hundreds of new words, only a few make it into the dictionary.
- 10 things cats won’t tell you.
- Power Loss: Are wealthy survivalists paying for better odds, or just better amenities?
- Fixxored: I Want to Believe. Just because we can hear the black helicopters doesn’t mean they don’t exist. (The unedited version of one of Perceval’s links on Thursday.)
Hat tip to Perceval.
Quote of the Day:
Objectivity has about as much substance as the emperor’s new clothes.