- Rupert Sheldrake explains why bad science is like bad religion.
- Show me the evidence! cry the skeptics, so Dean Radin does.
- Why did nature choose quantum physics as a way to behave?
- Scientists refuse to say telepathy, like Republicans & vagina.
- Why science is taking Near Death Experiences seriously.
- On owls & the ambivalence of the place they hold in human culture.
- Electrickery! How Georgians reckoned cats can see in the dark.
- Living consciously at the center of a multidimensional universe.
- Dairy industry sells snakeoil over milk’s effects on sleep & dreams.
- There are real benefits to rituals, religious or otherwise.
- Have archaeologists found the lost city of Ciudad Blanca in Honduras?
- More on the Maya pyramid of Noh Mul, bulldozed for local road works.
- In Afghanistan, a 2600-year-old Buddhist city faces destruction.
- Filmmaker Brent Huffman’s fighting to save The Buddhas of Mes Aynak.
- Mes Aynak is a treasure trove of Buddhist & Silk Road artifacts.
- In Tibet’s capital Lhasa, China paved paradise to put up a parking lot.
- Meet the last remaining shaman of Nicaragua’s Rama people.
- The genome of the sacred lotus may hold the key to anti-ageing.
- New app lets you boycott Koch Brothers, Monsanto & more.
- Miyoko Shida demonstrates the power of focusing your mind.
- Cornelia Funke on children’s need for wilderness & shapeshifting.
Quote of the Day:
Each plant is a library. When men destroy the jungle, they’ve burnt a library of books without even having been able to read them.”