- Quantum action is 10,000 times faster than light.
- That’s deep: life found 11km below sea level in deepest known point on the surface of the Earth.
- The drug habits of highly effective people: A revealing survey shows many users are educated and well-off.
- UN Development chief publicly slams ‘war on drugs’.
- Housewives, tranquilliser use and the nuclear family in Cold War America.
- Dumbing down addiction to apply to any bad behavior gives jerks a free pass.
- From “Mind Hacks”: A brief history of narcoanalysis. MKUltra gets a brief mention.
- Two aspirin a week signficantly reduces risk of melanoma – for women.
- Albania has 750,000 bunkers – one for every four citizens, 24 to every square kilometer.
- Sara Volz wins Intel Science Talent Search – and a $100,000 scholarship – with algae-for-biofuel study.
- 17-year-old builds protein decoder tool that could lead to new cancer drugs.
- Earthquakes turn water into gold.
- How beer gave us civilization. Not a TED talk, obviously.
Quote of the Day:
Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants to see us happy.