Have a look at this brilliant video, posted by Richard in last Monday’s comments:
Psychic Parrot – telepathy research by Rupert Sheldrake.
- Faces of our ancestors: 27 model heads based on fossil fragments collected across the globe.
- 300-million-year-old ‘UFO tooth-wheel’ found in Russian city of Vladivostok. What’s your take?
- Found on Mars: ancient crater lake fed by groundwater.
- Now, where did I put that Ebola? Dangerous pathogens accidently released from labs.
- The Psychedelic World of Catnip. Yep – that’s how catnip always makes me feel.
- Holly the Cat’s 200-mile trek back home leaves scientists baffled.
- Geneticists discover what they are calling the first known social chromosome — an inherited group of genes, which together dictate behaviour — in fire ants.
- Leprosy spreads by reprogramming nerve cells into migratory stem cells.
- Cancer loves antioxidants. Oops.
- Koch-funded study finds 2.5°F warming of land since 1750 is manmade. Double-oops.
- US Navy plans to stash drones on ocean floors around the world. When needed, the drones will be easily raised, in perfect condition, by a summons from Davey Jones.
- The UK’s MOD is employing a similar method of burning taxpayers’ money.
- Deception is futile when Big Brother’s new lie detector turns its eyes on you.
- Australian gold rush after 5.5kg nugget is found in Victoria. 5.5kg is 177 ounces. Looks like we grailers need to invest in a metal detector for RickMG!
- Forget the Placebo Effect: It’s the ‘Care Effect’ that matters.
Quote of the Day:
Whether we acknowledge it or not, we all yearn for care when we suffer. When we can’t get genuine caring, we seek out the medical version: spendy and sometimes even counterproductive treatments. Some $210 billion is wasted annually on overtreatment, according to the Institute of Medicine, while a Medicare study found that overly aggressive treatment kills some 30,000 people a year. As a result, the number of U.S. adults who die from too much medicine is now higher than the number who die for lack of it.
The last article above.