Vale Pandit Ravi Shankar, 1920 – 2012.
- Music of the Spheres, a geometry in the humming of strings.
- Cacofonix! Archaeologists unearth seven carnyx, the ancient Gallic horn.
- The star Vega may be 200 million years older than previously thought.
- One of Peru’s ancient Nazca Lines may be a labyrinth designed for walking.
- Wanderers of the Fourth World: the Pueblo cliff-dwellers, Hopi, & balance.
- Robert Ballard claims evidence for Noah’s Flood in Black Sea.
- The two scientists the above article fails to name are Walter Pitman & William Ryan (Amazon).
- Remains of both Neanderthals & Homo sapiens found in same caves.
- British Museum unveils a new exhibit of prehistoric art, sans altered states.
- Form & meaning in altered states & prehistoric rock art.
- The Man Who Drank The Universe: personal ayahuasca journeys.
- Gas mining companies threaten Peru’s indigenous people & uncontacted tribes.
- Futuristic handcuffs administers shocks & drugs.
- Hacking the human brain: the sixth domain in warfare.
- Mystery signals show up in neurological amplifiers.
- Chinese farmer builds survival pod for earthquakes & doomsdays.
- 2012 Doomsday believers flock to Serbia’s pyramid-shaped Mt Rtanj.
- Unusual behaviour prompts Russian authorities to call for calm.
- Neighbourhood cat with magnetic collar responsible for missing keys.
Quote of the Day:
After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music.