Kudos to Denver’s KDVR for the best news coverage of a UFO sighting I’ve ever seen.
- Mile High mystery: UFO sightings in sky over Denver.
- The Echo and Oscar Flight Incidents: On March 16, 1967, ten Minuteman-I nuclear missiles operated by Malmstrom Air Force Base, Montana, suddenly malfunctioned one after the other, just as a ‘large round object’ was reported to be hovering ‘directly over’ one of them.
- They’re baaack. And locals say both security patrols and the presence of missile maintenance vans have increased dramatically at Malmstrom in recent weeks.
- Video: 5 years of incredible x-ray explosions from the sun.
- New Google Mars has more coverage, more detail.
- Last Shadow: With its 34-foot wingspan, ancient pterosaur Quetzalcoatlus was so large it needed cliffs, downward-sloping runways to taxi, awkwardly take off into air.
- Bulgarian archaeologists discover astonishing gold artefacts linked to Alexander the Great in vast network of tombs.
- Gargling sugar water increases focus and self-control.
- Can coconut oil treat Alzheimer’s disease? No need to test it, when there’s an expensive, prescription-only coconut extract available.
- Vets, others say hyperbaric oxygen therapy is successful in treating traumatic brain injuries.
- Chopra: Reinventing the brain is closer than you think.
- “I invented taxonomy!” “No, *I* invented taxonomy!” Apparently, Linnaeus often hallucinated a double of himself.
- Fungus that controls zombie ants has its own fungal stalker.
- Why blind mole rats don’t get cancer.
- What lies beneath… Diver dares to swim with deadly 26-foot anaconda.
- U.S. Department of Energy has embarked on a $29 million science experiment to drill into a reservoir of methane hydrate in Alaska, extracting 1 million cubic feet of methane.
- New Jersey asks, ‘How do we adapt to what may be weather’s new normal?’
- Charlie Stross speculates on the world of 2512.
Quote of the Day:
You’re gonna see a little burst of fire right there — kind of a little thruster.
Unidentified Denver man who’s been filming UFOs over the city every day for months, in the article on Denver UFOs.