Dang! I’ve been gone so long, I had to look up part of the html code.
- The Rose and The Curtain are rising again.
- Ancient pre-Inca tomb found in northern Peru.
- Crusaders’ treasure: Ancient stash of gold coins unearthed at Crusades-era castle.
- Alexander the not so Great.
- Researchers develop new instrument for exploring the cosmos and the quantum world.
- Geoscientists discover trigger for past rapid sea level rise.
- Wild chimpanzee gestures linked to language evolution.
- What genius and autism have in common.
- What caffeine actually does to your brain.
- Meet ‘Dr Love’, the scientist exploring what makes people good or evil.
- Researchers prove the Dalai Lama is right: experiencing compassion toward a single individual does shape our actions toward others.
- Banks and other traders are likely to have manipulated oil prices in the same way they rigged interest rates, an official report has warned.
- A Few Short Steps to the Gallows: A philosophical defense of revenge.
- NSA whistleblower: They’re assembling information on every U.S. citizen.
- Overpopulation is at the root of all the planet’s troubles.
- Two chicken vaccines have combined to create a new strain of virus.
- A world without coral reefs.
- UK’s record-breaking rain has been apocalyptic for some wildlife.
- Antarctic ice core drill bores 100,000 years into the past.
- Forty years later, debate over ‘Momo the Missouri Monster’ lingers.
- Naches Ranger District worker has heard it all, including his own Sasquatch experience.
Quote of the Day:
Let us make our position crystal clear: We are against this weather. It must stop raining, and soon.
Editorial, The Times of London, July 14, 2012.