Some Dead Can Dance for the Grail soundtrack…
- Watch a very cool interactive simulation of the solar system.
- All you wanted to know about asteroid mining & planetary resources.
- Mining the sky for diamonds: the pros & cons of the asteroid rush.
- Laser-powered robots could explore frozen Europa’s alien seas.
- Ancient Mesopotamians drank beer through a straw.
- Marco Polo did travel to China, but how did he drink his tea?
- Vilcas Huamán: the forgotten corner of the Inca Empire.
- Belize tourism cashes in on Mayan 2012 doomsday hype.
- Plant spirit shamanism: Icaros, the sacred songs of the Amazon.
- A unique perspective on what it means to be a shaman.
- All-American Lama: how an 11th century mystic was reborn in Philadelphia.
- Parapsychologist Dr Hoyt Edge on cross-cultural views of consciousness.
- Lighting the way to death since Aldous Huxley’s last psychedelic trip.
- Excerpt from Brain Wars, a case for a spiritual mind (Amazon US, UK)
- Snoozing chimps offer insight into human sleep patterns.
- Sleep paralysis as a result of sleep disturbances & respiratory events?
- Basil Valentine, last of the alchemists, first of the chemists.
- Damon Albarn (Blur, Gorillaz) has put the life of Dr John Dee to music.
- Cat Stevens’ Moonshadow, a sufi stage musical of light & dark.
- Video: a fearless cat fights off a curious bear!
Thanks RPJ, Robert McLuhan.
Quote of the Day:
They are ill discoverers that think there is no land, when they can see nothing but sea.