Red Pill Junkie had to eat the blue pill today.
- SETI is back in business, thanks to US military funding, and Kepler-22b is at the top of their list of things to do.
- NASA Opportunity rover finds best evidence yet that water once flowed on Mars.
- There’s a quiet rumble in science circles that LHC scientists may have spotted the elusive Higgs Boson.
- Sprites & elves caught on camera: mysterious energy bursts above the clouds.
- The Ark of the Covenant may soon be revealed, thanks to a leaky roof. Don’t look at the light, Marion!
- How did the Ark end up in Ethiopia? Read The Sign and the Seal by Graham Hancock (Amazon US & UK).
- 40 years after Leary’s magical mystery tour, magic mushrooms return to psych labs.
- Who was the Spirit Cave Man, and why does he look like Captain Picard?
- Typecast by turtle-neck sweaters & corduroy jackets with elbow patches, NASA plans to get its groove back. Wait a… I wear a corduroy jacket.
- Dude, where’s my drone? Iran gets the keys, Pentagon rethinks its ‘Last Starfighter’ recruitment method.
- NASA’s Voyager spacecraft has reached the edge of the solar system.
- Spielberg’s E.T. the Extraterrestrial was originally a horror based on the Kelly Hopkinsville encounter.
- Classic art that gives you the creeps: a few favourites with a Fortean touch.
- Board games in ancient times were a pastime for the elite. The plebs had to make do playing Battleship with Death.
- Coloured vibrating sand, Buddhist singing bowls, and levitating
- The Irish town of Effin fights online profanity filter. Men from Nantucket join them.
- Synchronicity: childhood correspondence with Tintin creator Hergé lost, and found.
Quote of the Day:
Chances are, when we meet intelligent life forms in outer space, they’re going to be descended from predators.
~ Michio Kaku