Enter the woods, get lost… and find yourself.
- Why are (some) scientists so opposed to parapsychology?
- How a pair of astrologers helped invent modern medical record-keeping.
- 10 things you may not know about dreams.
- Are coffee drinkers less religious? I love the smell, but I drink tea — I guess this makes me agnostic.
- Water’s quantum weirdness makes life possible.
- Camping on cloud 9: optical illusion makes tent appear pitched on clouds.
- Searching for the world’s rarest mushroom, Yarsagumba. Watch out for Maoists.
- Also dubbed ‘Himalayan Viagra’, it’s making Bhutan yak herders rich.
- ‘Shroom sculptures, live reindeer, & hallucinogenic urine… normal night out.
- The Brain in the Cave: prehistoric art, science, & evolution (Amazon US & UK).
- The mythology, folklore, & winding paths of the British forest.
- Stanton Drew stone circle reveals its secrets. Survey results.
- Eternal love: skeletons of Roman couple held hands for 1500 years.
- Brilliant panoramic view of the crypt below the Lady Chapel, Glastonbury Abbey.
- Computer scientist cracks 18th century secret society’s Copiale Cipher.
- Did the Nazis keep the Spear of Destiny & other relics at the Wewelsburg?
- Ten conspiracy theories about Hitler & the Third Reich. Rudolf Hess, surely?
- Mitch Horowitz discusses Occult America.
- Greg talked with Mitch way back in 2009 (Amazon US & UK).
- Curator of Boleskine House, once the lair of The Beast, has passed away.
Muchas gracias Red Pill Junkie, Greg, grailseeker… & the Wildwood.
Quote of the Day:
By reading Huckleberry Finn I felt I was able to justify my act of going into the mountain forest at night and sleeping among the trees with a sense of security which I could never find indoors.