“Broadly speaking, the short words are the best, and the old words best of all.”
- Invisible world… discovered.
- 800,000 years of climate variability.
- New Apollo landing site images threaten to thwart conspiracy theorists.
- Supernova visible in nighttime sky.
- The search for intelligent alien life… on earth.
- Australopithecus offers new branch of human family tree.
- Tracing the path of the geomagnetic pole.
- Nat. Geo’s 9-11 images … And a memorial from Mars.
- Remember where you were when you heard the first 9-11 conspiracy?
- Tune out, turn off, power down.
- Rhyme of the pre-Ice Age mariners?
- Sinking Kiribati seeks manmade solution.
- Higgs Boson named 21st century’s luminiferous aether.
- Unidentified flying… buildings.
- Unidentified flying object… or illuminated bug.
- Mercury, electrified.
- Were volcanic rafts early cradles of life?
- Prince Charles frets over looming sixth extinction event.
- UK scientist to breathe plant oxygen for 48 hours.
- Transparent mice.
- Solving the mystery of missing Mississippians.
- A working time machine in Russia?
- Invisible tanks.
- Saturn is ready for its close-up, Mr. DeMille.
- Stonehenge’s prehistoric sounds.
- Shipwrecks and black reefs.
- Magnets and lying.
- Hybrid airship fleet to conquer Arctic.
- Ending research on chimpanzees.
- The insect world — aka real-life mini horror movie.
- Obsolete objects and skills.
- Journalist rejected by hell… Again.
- Just what did Apollo slay at Delphi?
- Latest ‘Headline of the Year’ submission… Drunk Swedish elk found in apple tree.
- Lost prank scene from Temple of Doom.
- Marty McFly’s futuristic kicks have finally landed. Bring on the hoverboard!
- The drawbacks of building a Death Star.
- This week’s evidence of the looming robo-pocalypse… Robopocalypse, courtesy of Spielberg.
Many thanks to GT, RPJ, RMG and Kat.
Quote of the Day:
“Courage is rightly esteemed the first of human qualities… because it is the quality which guarantees all others. ”