This news briefs is brought to you by the Metaphysicians of Tlön –so prepare to be astounded.
- Asteroid impacts may have scattered life from Earth to Mars, Jupiter and beyond.
- First 3D video shot in spaaaace!
- Humanoid robot is awoken at ISS. It’s first Tweet: “Reporting infestation of carbon-based life forms –sterilization sequence activated” (@AstroRobonaut).
- Russian cargo ship loaded with supplies for the ISS lost –Robonaut figured humans run on food.
- Robo-diaries: a look inside the Fukushima plant from the POV of a disaster-response Packbot.
- Russian scientists claim to have decoded extraterrestrial message warning humanity about the critical times ahead. Witty cryptographers, lame videographers.
- Radio Misterioso interview with Barbara Harris: George Van Tassel, Giant Rock & the Integratron, for all you Contactism nostalgics.
- Is this a photo of a female Sasquatch sleeping?
- James Randi (once again… amazingly enough) goes on a publicity blitz challenging psychics to claim his million dollar prize. *Ahem*
- The 5 creepiest ways animals have mastered mind control [#$% warning]. Eat your heart out CIA!! –Oh… I forgot you don’t have one.
- God particle might not exist after all. How much will the LHC reach on E-bay is the next big question.
- The Dead Sea Scrolls of Buddhism?
- The only thing scarier than an Ouija Board is Michael Bay doing a movie about Ouija Boards. Thankfully, that now looks less likely to happen.
- 21st-century druid loses legal battle over human remains.
- Samsung’s argument to Apple’s lawsuit: “Kubrick invented the iPad!.” Here’s Apple’s response (which might *also* explain Job’s resignation).
- Red pill of the day: Videogame-addicted lawyer suspended. Word has it his last client was Samsung…
Thanks to Rick, Greg & Stuart.
Quote of the Day:
“It is clear that there is no classification of the Universe that is not arbitrary and full of conjectures. The reason for this is very simple: we do not know what kind of thing the universe is.”
Jorge Luis Borges.